Saturday, May 21, 2011

Counting Blessings

Today's blog has really nothing to do with the journey to AD but much more about the journey called life. Just a few days ago now we were told that my wonderful mother-in-law has stage 4 lymphoma. She was given one to three weeks to live and so now we wait with her as she finishes her life on this earth. As I reflect over the past amazing 17 years that I have been blessed to call her my mom, I have cried, laughed and experienced the entire range of emotions. I am thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be here even though it is a difficult part of the journey. I remain excited about all the adventures we are about to experience in Abu Dhabi and somehow I feel that mom will be with us in all our adventures. I hope that when I come to the end of my own journey that I will be surrounded by friends and family and know that I did my best to love everyone to the best of my ability and leave a legacy that will live on after me. I hope that those of you who still have your parents will tell them how much you love them and even if you are far away you need to take the time to let them know how special they are to you. I know that my friends will be more special and I will make sure to take the time to tell others how much they mean to me...those back home and in my daily life. Be sure to count your blessings today!

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard this is. I lost my mom in December and the 3 weeks we had from the beginning of the end until the end were hard. Prayers winging their way to you. R

    ReplyDelete